What are deadlifts good for? Why are deadlifts the best exercise for weight loss? Let us discuss how this workout can contribute to your weight loss and the other benefits that it can have for your body.
What is a deadlift? The deadlift is also referred to as the dead weight. It is a compound exercise wherein the weighted barbell is lifted off the ground without momentum. To do a deadlift, a loaded barbell is lifted from the floor up to the level of your hips and torso and then placed back on the ground.
Different Types of Deadlifts
- Sumo deadlift—a deadlift variation that targets the glutes, quads, hips, and traps while minimizing the impact on your posterior chain and spinal erectors.
- Deficit Deadlift—a deadlift variation that allows you to increase strength and improve your conventional deadlift.
- Block Deadlift—a deadlift that allows you to lift more weight and tends to challenge your nervous system.
- Dumbbell Deadlift—a great deadlift variation to build the muscles on the backside of your body.
- Romanian Deadlift—a conventional deadlift variation wherein you push your hips back and lower the bar down to your shins.
- Single-Leg RDL—this deadlift will help improve your balance, core control, and stability.
- Snatch-Grip Deadlift—a conventional deadlift variation that gives the same benefits as the Deficit Deadlifts.
- Trap Bar Deadlift—a deadlift variation using a hexagonal or trap bar.
Weight Loss and Deadlift
The deadlift is one of the best compound exercises. You are on the right track if your main purpose is to lose those stubborn fats. As you recruit more muscle fibers, you tend to burn more calories. But it is not the only purpose of a deadlift. There are other benefits that you can get from performing this workout.
Just like resistance training, weight lifting can help you burn more fat compared to cardio workouts and diet combos.
The deadlift works the largest muscle groups in your body. Heavy deadlifting makes use of your entire body’s major muscles and promotes high-level fat loss. These major muscles include hamstrings, calves, trapezius, glutes, hips, low and mid-back, quads, adductor magnus, abs, and core.
Deadlifting can help you lose weight effectively if performed regularly. As you increase your lean muscle mass, it helps increase your metabolic rate. This process helps you burn more calories in a more effective and faster way.
Other Advantages of Deadlifting
One of the safest and easiest weight lifting exercises that you can perform is the deadlift. You will just need a bar with weight on it. Pick it up and then drop it. No expensive equipment or special shoes are required to do this exercise.
Most lifters’ main purpose for engaging in these exercises is to grow more muscles and gain more strength. If you want to have bigger muscles, this is the exercise for you.
This workout will help you increase your overall strength so you can do other workout routines that require more strength and stamina. If you are an athlete, deadlifting will help you be more powerful as you play basketball or any other sport. Deadlifting will help you improve your core strength and grip.
Deadlifting is also good for improving your body posture as it helps to maintain your spine, shoulders, and hips in alignment as it targets the muscles that allow you to keep your posture in good form.
While resistance training can increase men’s testosterone levels, heavy deadlifting can also do the trick, but in a more natural and safer way.
The deadlift is a challenging workout to master. It is recommended to seek some help from a gym trainer or fitness instructor to learn the technique properly. If you have prior health problems or injuries, it is best to seek professional advice from your doctor for your safety and protection.
What are deadlifts good for? Aside from weight loss and muscle growth, the deadlift can improve an individual’s overall health. If you are looking for more weight loss exercises, here’s the link that will help you achieve your fitness goal in no time.
Just because you have been deadlifting all this time doesn’t mean that you will be getting all the benefits that deadlifting offers. You have to do it properly and safely to get the results you want. To achieve your fitness goals faster, partner your workout with a proper and well-balanced diet.