Looking for muscle-building workout plans that work for you? Let this article help you with this matter whether you are a skinny guy who wants to gain 10 lbs. of muscle or a well-fit guy but wants to gain more muscles.
Let me discuss how you will be able to develop these skeletal muscles with the right muscle-building workout plan and a healthy and well-balanced diet.
The best way to build skeletal muscles is to stay active. With the proper bulk-up workout routine, muscle mass is likely to improve and develop over time.
Muscles grow with continuous challenges. Muscular hypertrophy refers to the increase in muscle size and strength as a result of intensive muscle strength training usually associated with weight-lifting activities.
Difference Between Men and Women’s Muscle Growth
Genetic factors and levels of hormones affect muscle development. Muscle grows depending on a person’s body type.
Both men and women have different body shapes and each type of body requires different approaches and training to build their muscles.
Muscular people are individuals with a Mesomorphic body type. They build muscle mass faster compared to other types. But through resistance training, they can increase their strengths. Most men have this type of body.
Slim people are individuals with an Ectomorphic body type. They have a lower chance of building muscle mass. Most women have this type of body.
Curvy people are individuals with an Endomorphic body type. They can build muscle mass by performing strength training.
Dr. Tony Boutagy, a Sports Scientist pointed out in his interview that there are several traits that are more pronounced in males than females that support their faster muscle growth. This is the reason why men have larger muscle mass, higher amounts of testosterone, and have tighter joints.
How to build muscle through exercise?
Building muscle has different rates depending on the individual’s age, sex, and genetic factors. Generally, muscle develops when you are able to perform challenging workouts consistently for a long period of time.
To achieve better results, you need to exercise, have a healthy meal plan, and have enough rest and sleep. Cardiovascular exercises can give benefits to your muscles, but strength training is the best option for your muscles.
Your muscle changes become noticeable after several weeks of strength training if you are able to do the routines consistently at least twice a week.
Some of the strength training includes pushups, squats, lifting free weights, and using stationary weight machines.
Cardio activities are essential to an individual’s overall health. It strengthens your heart and lungs.
According to the latest guidelines, it is recommended that an adult should participate each week for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity or at least 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity physical activities.
Aerobic exercises also help in building your muscles. This activity falls under cardio activity that supports your muscle growth and functionality.
Enough Rest and Sleep
You needed to rest after a tiring exercise routine. It will allow you to repair and restore your muscles.
Rest plays an integral part in your fitness journey, lack of rest may slow down your progression.
Having enough sleep is also important for your muscle growth and development.
Having a healthy and balanced diet is one of the keys to staying physically fit, aside from your regular workout. Protein-rich foods can help in building and repairing your muscles as well.
Some of the protein-rich foods include nuts, eggs, fish, meat, poultry supplies, soybeans, and seeds.
Beginners Tips and Tricks
- The ability to properly use gym equipment and apply the right technique enhances the potential to build your muscles faster and prevents possible serious injuries.
- It is recommended to do warm-up and stretching activities before and after engaging in strength or cardio training especially for beginners to condition your body.
- You have to begin using lightweight equipment such as dumbbells. You can add up and increase the weight over time as your resistance level increases too.
- Always remember to carry proper postures and correct exercise forms, controlled movement, and breathing techniques.
- Muscle fatigue and pain are inevitable after an intense workout especially if you’re a beginner. If you are just a newbie, do not engage yourself in too intense, too long, and too frequent workouts, this will just burn you out eventually.
- Consult a doctor before engaging in some physical fitness activities especially if you have underlying conditions that can affect your activity such as heart disease, lung disease, and others.
- If you are the skinny type, do not worry because there is also a workout plan for skinny guys like you. These include performing a barbell squat, barbell deadlift, barbell bench press, among others.
- You can also ask for some tips and guidance from your personal trainer, gym employee, or gym buddies.
These muscle-building workout plans are intended to help not only those people who want to gain more muscles but also those who want to be physically fit as well. You need to have that motivation but most importantly, you need to have an effective plan that you must execute as soon as possible.
With a bulk-up workout, you will be able to achieve your fitness goals in no time. Just remember bulk-up workout includes proper workout and a nutritious and well-balanced diet. Discipline and consistency are the keys here. So let’s start now and build those muscles soon.